Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I'm writing, a sort of, you know, another, thingummy.

I tend to avoid Twitter when I'm writing a book. Because if Twitter is anything, it's a great way of not-writing-a-book.

I'm generally shy of saying that I'm writing a book too. Because once you've said you're writing a book, people tend to ask questions. And answering questions is another great way of not-writing-a-book.

But I am. And it's definitely going to happen. And there's a link on amazon somewhere and so a couple of people have asked questions about it and so not mentioning it has become a bit silly.

And I know it's going to happen because they've designed a cover. Only the cover isn't on Amazon yet. I figured it made more sense to share it here first.

It's called Too Much Information... or Can Everyone Just Shut Up For A Moment Some Of Us Are Trying To Think. It's not a narrative. It's about stuff. Some of it is stuff I've discussed on stage. Some of it isn't.

It'll be a thing you can hold in your hand in June next year...

There. I've said it.

21 comments:

Mel said...

I'm excited about a new book, it's been a while:)

Tom Brown said...

I don't think you have provided enough information
...

Anonymous said...

great! just a shame its not available in time for xmas

@mightytonka said...

I'll crack on with chapter one, when....

Unknown said...

I am excited too and want to know nothing more about it until I can read it for myself. I dont like spoilers.

Pip said...

Look forward to it.

The important question arising from the cover though is this: are those Adidas SL72 trainers and, if so, do you (like me) wear them because they're what Dave Starsky wore in Starsky and Hutch? (Visual evidence)

Unknown said...

Amazon might not have a photo of the cover but they are taking pre orders for the book. So crack on with writing it so I can read it on holiday in the summer

Matthew Stubbs said...

Fantastic news! I might only get you to sign this one once, instead of thrice though.

Steve said...

June next year! I want a copy now, looks finished enough to me, roll em out for Christmas!

Maddie said...

Hurray! I hope for your sake this one is free of any getting-shut-in-an-attic, attacked-by-a-creationist, waking-up-hungover-at-Heathrow-armed-with-just-a-passport type mishaps!!

Unknown said...

Excellent pre-cursor to the tour....great summer reading and no doubt guffawing whilst others read their boring serious stuff (not that having time to think ISN'T serious I hasten to add).

Himesh said...

Hoping for an unabridged audio version too

Anonymous said...

Your tiny sentences seem a little overworked. Whatever happened to the great radio show you did? With Danielle and Martin?

Unknown said...

I've heard this before "another great way of not-writing-a-book" , so where you travelling to this time?

Dave Gorman said...

@Anonymous I always find it odd when people ask a question like that. If you'd listened to it, you'd know what happened to it!

But, seeing as you ask: http://www.gormano.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/absolutely-november-4th.html

Kieron Gibson said...

So I can bring a copy to get signed at the Symphony Hall Birmingham next November then, yes?

delete said...

Before you start, I heard there was an undiscovered Dave Gorman in the Yukon who was awaiting your visit...

Anonymous said...

fps... stop commenting and let him write!

Rob Z Tobor said...

I love writing about stuff. I am working on writing a million words about stuff on my own blog. So far I am just over half way through it.....

I wish you luck but then you are a clever chap and will no doubt create something Hunky Dory.

Did you know that the universe is almost entirely created of stuff, there is a lot of it about.

Paul Kenyon said...

I never shat in a hat, but did have a spell of crapping in old paint tins. As you read this it may be too late to put in your book though :-)

Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

Simply....can't wait.